If in the old days girls married innocent, but in the modern world this trend has long been lost, but at the same time there are men for whom the issue of the purity of the chosen one is very important. In this case, hymenoplasty will be useful, which is aimed at restoring the hymen after its loss.
Hymenoplasty – restoration of the hymen
Let’s start with the terminology, for example, hymenoplasty is understood as an operation by which the hymen is restored. For this, stitching is carried out. There are no medical indications for this procedure, therefore, it is carried out exclusively at the request of the woman. There was such an operation in the early 60s. Restoration of virginity in most cases is carried out due to such factors:
- individual anatomical features;
- sports injuries;
- unwanted sexual experience;
- improper use of a tampon;
- inaccurate examination by a gynecologist;
- surgery on the genitals;
- the desire to diversify the sexual life in the family.
There is a certain list of contraindications under which it is forbidden to restore the hymen. Here is some of them:
- poor blood clotting;
- mental problems;
- chronic diseases;
- sore throat and runny nose;
- inflammatory processes;
- sexual infections and so on.
Long term hymenoplasty
To obtain a longer effect, another version of the operation is performed, which returns the integrity of the hymen for an unlimited period. For this, the surgeon uses not only fragments of the hymen, but also layers of the mucosa. Compared to the previous option, this procedure is more expensive, due to the complexity, type of anesthesia and materials used. The restoration of the hymen is carried out 4-5 days before the onset of menstruation, so that the tissues grow together a little. It is important to follow all the rules of further rehabilitation in order to exclude negative consequences.
Short term hymenoplasty
This restoration option is carried out when you want to get a quick and short-term result. Women choose it, for example, a week before the wedding night. Short-term hymenoplasty is performed quickly, and it involves stitching the remnants of the hymen. The result will last for about a week, and then, after the threads are absorbed, the petals of the hymen will disperse again. This variant of hymenoplasty has the following advantages: minimal trauma, short rehabilitation and low cost.
How is hymenoplasty done?
If a woman has decided to undergo surgical reconstruction of the hymen, then it is important to prepare for the intervention. First, it is recommended to go to the doctor to talk about the technique of performing hymenoplasty and the features of the procedure. Preparatory activities include:
- First, a comprehensive medical examination is carried out, for which it is important to consult different doctors, including a therapist. Thanks to this, it is possible to exclude the occurrence of any contraindications to the operation.
- If hymenoplasty is planned, then you need to undergo an electrocardiogram and radiography.
- Of great importance is the trip to the gynecologist, who conducts an in-depth examination. A woman must donate blood and urine for research, which will help determine the level of blood clotting, group and other important indicators. The gynecologist will definitely take a smear to analyze the microflora of the vagina.
- After all the results are reviewed by the doctor who will perform the operation, and will appoint the time for the manipulation.
For recovery, it is important to follow some rules of rehabilitation after the operation. Experts give the following recommendations:
- For the first time, a bath and a sauna are excluded, as well as physical training and lifting heavy things.
- Before the first intimacy, a woman should not use tampons.
- It is forbidden to sit during the first days, so you can only stand or be in a reclining position.
- Doctors recommend douching using prescribed drugs. We must not forget about personal hygiene.
- Until the pain disappears and the threads dissolve, this period lasts up to 14 days, sexual life is prohibited.
If the surgery was performed incorrectly, the following problems may occur:
- Difficulties in sexual intercourse if there is a strong fusion of the entrance to the vagina.
- During sex, a large blood vessel can be hit by the penis, leading to severe bleeding.
- If the hymen imitation came out without holes, this will prevent the withdrawal of menstrual blood, and this is already fraught with serious consequences.
This version of the operation is aimed at restoring as close to the original as possible. For this, the remains of the hymen and mucous membranes of the vestibule of the vagina are used. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia (rarely under general anesthesia). The operation to restore virginity involves the fusion of the hymenal petals. To do this, the doctor puts a few small stitches, and the process of full recovery takes a month. After the manipulations, the patient remains in the clinic for a day. As a result, the hymen acquires a natural appearance, which was before the damage.
A technique that has appeared relatively recently, but it has a number of important advantages. This hymen repair surgery is more accurate, blood loss is reduced, and the risk of vascular damage is reduced. In addition, thanks to the use of a laser, the recovery time is significantly reduced, and the risk of complications decreases. Laser hymenoplasty has an important advantage – the absence of sutures, since the tissues are connected using a laser, not threads. The price of such a procedure is high.
Hymenoplasty after childbirth
Since during the birth of a child, the remains of the hymen are destroyed much more than during sexual contact, it will not work to carry out a short-term procedure. For them, a three-layer hymenoplasty operation is suitable, during which the material of the vaginal mucosa is used. The effect will last for about three years. Often this procedure is combined with other types of intimate plastics, for example, with a decrease in the width of the vagina.
Does hymenoplasty hurt?
Many women, out of ignorance, believe that such a procedure is painful, but in fact, like any other surgical intervention, local or general anesthesia is used. Hymenoplasty (restoration of virginity) allows the occurrence of postoperative pain, which in most cases, with proper rehabilitation, disappears after a few days. A woman will also experience pain during the first sexual contact.
How does hymenoplasty feel?
During the procedure, the patient does not feel anything, because anesthesia is used. It should be borne in mind that several unpleasant complications may occur during the recovery stage.
- Since the operation involves a traumatic intervention, pain in the perineal region cannot be avoided. Discomfort will be felt more vividly in the first days. At this time, physical activity is not recommended, as this may cancel the result of the intervention.
- If the restoration of the virgin film was carried out, then swelling of the tissues will be observed, which brings discomfort. This consequence disappears approximately three days after the operation.
- For such surgical interventions, small spotting is acceptable. If the bleeding is severe, then this indicates a large hematoma, which will have to be disposed of with the help of a specialist.
- After hymenoplasty has been performed, numbness of the perineum is possible. This is due to the use of painkillers. In most cases, the loss of sensation lasts no longer than two days. In addition, the risk of nerve damage cannot be completely excluded.
Stitches after hymenoplasty
After carrying out this variant of surgical intervention, it is not necessary to remove the sutures, since threads are used that dissolve themselves. This happens in 7-10 days. There are women who are interested in whether the restoration of virginity will be noticeable. In such a situation, it is impossible to give a 100% guarantee, since everything depends on the qualifications of the doctor who will conduct the examination. Experts say that with competent hymenoplasty, the negative result will be minimal.
Sex after hymenoplasty
According to the reviews of women, the sensations during the first sex after the operation are identical in terms of the physical perception of the rupture of the natural hymen. In addition, it is of great importance in what way the restoration of an effective hymen was carried out. With short-term hymenoplasty, discomfort is minimal and often women feel no pain at all. With a long-term procedure, physical sensations will be enhanced, and bleeding is also guaranteed when the hymen breaks. The experience of the surgeon is also important.